It is amazing to see how quickly the landscape around here changes. What used to be so lush and green is now shades of brown and very dry. Our neighbor works for Pioneer and one afternoon we went with him to one of the fields they were harvesting. Maggie and I got to ride in a corn-picker and watch them off-load the corn. We really enjoyed ourselves and I'm still amazed that there is so much to learn about corn! Hopefully we'll be able to let Madelyn and Amber ride before all the corn is harvested. They are late this year due to the terrible spring we had.
The girls are excited for Halloween. Amber is going to be Silver Mist, the water fairy from Tinkerbell. Maggie is going to be a cheerleader and Madelyn is going to be a ladybug! I think that dad is going to take them and mom will pass out candy. This will actually be the first year that we have ever passed out candy. When we lived in Ohio, we lived at the end of a dead-end street and nobody came down there! I've been talking to the neighbors and there is apparently a lot of traffic on our street!
Amber is doing well in school. She brought home her interim report yesterday and had all A's and B's with one C. Maggie is loving pre-school and Madelyn (and Mommy) love their "Teensy Time" when Maggie is at school.
We went "antiquing" one Sunday afternoon and found some bargains. (Well, in our eyes anyway.) We went to a neighboring town called Eldridge where they had pumpkins, apples, a few vendors and much to my delight, three barns FULL of antiques! We got a desk (perfect for Rob's office and his laptop) for $1.75. We cleaned it up, painted the top black and it looks great! We also got a stool (not an antique by any means, but useful) for $2.00. I took the nasty fabric off, put some new on and voila` new seat that is perfect for the computer! We also got a metal and wood kindergarten school chair that I love, the girls do too. I want to go back and get a few other things I saw.
We hope that this blog finds everyone well (if anyone reads it :) ) and we wish you a Happy Halloween!
4 comments:
Yep, I'm reading it Dar! :) Loved the update about Madelyn's birthday celebration(s), the walk down memory lane about playing in the Marysville rain, Amber's artwork, your antique finds, the HORSE, and more!
But when are you coming to Denver? ;)
Love, Lisa
Looking at the photos reminds me how much I miss you guys and being able to just pop over for a few minutes on the weekend for hugs. SIGH. Love You, Tina
Hey guys,
Wanted to let you know how much Kris and I miss you all and how PROUD we are of Amber. Maggie and Teensy Bean get more adorable by the day. Love you all so very much and hope to see you sooner than later.
--Ry and Kris
P.S. - Go Hawkeyes!!!
Hey you - time to update :-)
Post a Comment